As a kid I used to LOVE Mint Chocolate ice cream shakes from Friendly's. I've finally come up with a delicious healthy alternative that acts as a healthy breakfast or snack! It was inspired by the massive amount of mint I have growing in my new backyard. Do you grow any herbs in a garden or pot? They are so easy to maintain and save lots of money overtime!
Mint Chocolate Smoothie:
- 1 & 1/4 cup water
- 1 small handful raw almonds
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 TB unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 10-15 mint leaves
- 1 large swiss chard leave (stem removed, or other greens)
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 1.5 TB hemp seeds
- 1 TB raw cacao powder
- 1 TB Philosophie Superfoods Green Dream powder (optional)
- 3 ice cubes
Blend & slurp!
My husband and I have really enjoyed cooking together this Summer. The key word there is "TOGETHER" as in the past we have struggled some to co-exist in the kitchen. We both love cooking and eating together, but have different habits and ways of doing things. We have come up with a new system. We split the recipe into 2 equal parts and each take responsibility over one. It's working great for us since we both get to contribute to the meal and neither of us have to spend as much time in the kitchen each day. Best part is enjoying the fruits of our labor together!
Here's a recent new recipe we joined forces to create and both loved! We are keeping this one in the mix, especially for warm summer nights!
Black Bean Burgers
1. Rinse and mash ⅔ of the beans with a potato masher until smooth.
2. In another bowl whisk egg, olive oil, ½ tsp salt, cumin and red pepper flakes. Add panko bread crumbs.
3. Dice the bell pepper and peel and chop the yellow onion.
4. Lightly mix mashed beans, the rest of the whole beans, bell pepper, yellow onion, and cilantro with the egg and spice mix.
5. Form into 4 burgers and fry in skillet in olive oil.
6. Peel and slice the red onion and the avocado. Then slice the tomatoes and divide the lettuce into leaves.
7. Toast the buns and top with burgers, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce and avocado.
©2015 Christy LeMire. All rights reserved.