Even when you are having a hard time letting go of Summer, it’s hard not to embrace the flavors of Fall. Here are a few of my favorite healthy recipes perfect for the season.
Pumpkin Apple Smoothie
- 1⁄4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 small sweet apple, cored (such as honeycrisp or macintosh)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp almond butter or 1⁄4 cup raw almonds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Blend all together until smooth.
Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups veggie stock
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- In a soup pot, sauté onion in oil 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, vegetable broth, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook 10-12 minutes or until potatoes soften.
- Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and and puree. (IN batches if necessary. Be careful of steam!)
- Return soup to pot and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Finish with a dash of black pepper. Garnish with minced chives.
Carrot Walnut Oat Bars
Makes 9 bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optionally toasted for added flavor)
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups ripe bananas (mashed, about 3 bananas)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted, plus more for greasing pan)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup carrots (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8"x8" square baking dish with coconut oil or spray, line with parchment paper, and grease again with coconut oil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add oats, walnuts and flaxseed, and pulse until ground. Add the coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pulse to combine.
- Add the mashed bananas, almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup, and pulse to combine. Add carrots and pulse to incorporate.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and smooth top with a spatula. Bake until golden brown and set, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven to a baking rack to cool completely. Cut into bars and serve. Store in refrigerator. Can be frozen.
These recipes are examples of the delicious recipes that will be found in our Fall Group Cleanse starting October 15th. Learn more and register HERE!