Finding tasty, healthy and fulfilling breakfast and snack options can be challenge among all the sugary or salty convenience snacks. I love everything about a muffin or breakfast bread...but they leave me feeling hopped up on sugar and then an energy crash ensues shortly after.
Finding a banana bread or muffin that actually tastes delicious and indulgent without refined sugar seemed like it would be too good to be true which is why I was skeptical when trying these Daphne Oz inspired Banana Oat Muffins. But, thankfully she proved me wrong! They are as moist as they are flavorful and are a great fulfilling snack or breakfast.
Husband approved and perfect for kids!
BANANA OAT MUFFINS
Yields 12 muffins
- 2 cups ripe bananas (about 3-4 bananas)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (can use low-fat)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- coconut oil, olive oil, butter or cooking spray for greasing (if not using liners)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or coat with coconut oil, olive oil, butter or cooking spray.
- In a blender, add the bananas, almond butter, yogurt, honey, eggs, vanilla, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin liners (okay if it fills to top).
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden-brown and cooked through.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!