It’s that time of year again and we’re in full transition to fall mode! Embrace the changing of seasons with this delicious Spiced Sweet Potato Soup Recipe.
In cooler months, we crave seasonal favorites like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and apples but the changing of weather also has us indulging in comfort food and overeating during the holidays.
This makes fall the perfect time to cleanse because we can detox our bodies from summer cookouts, ice cream and cocktails, while also preparing our bodies’ digestion systems to process heavier meals. Get your body in the place it needs to be to properly digest and absorb maximum nutrients from the food we eat.
I will be offering a 5-day Fall Cleanse that will get you started on the right foot this season. This Spiced Sweet Potato Soup is just one of many recipes featured on the cleanse. For the complete list of seasonal recipes, sign up for my 5-day Fall Cleanse HERE and enjoy the delicious meals, smoothies, and juices I have to offer (Your body will thank you!)
Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter, olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
1. In a soup pot, sauté onion in butter or oil 1-2 minutes.
2. Add sweet potatoes, vegetable broth cumin, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover and reduce heat to medium and cook 10-12 minutes or until potatoes soften.
4. Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and and puree. (IN batches if necessary. Be careful of steam!)
5. Return soup to pot and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Finish with a dash of black pepper. Garnish with minced chives.