Over here in New England we've been hit with a wave of some pretty serious humidity, and it leaves me wanting light meals. I love traditional salads, but it's nice to change it up with some new and interesting textures and flavors. This delicious Quinoa Almond Berry Salad from Oh She Glows has plenty of plant-based protein and flavor, but won't leave you feeling over-stuffed. It's a great breakfast, light lunch or snack, or a perfect side dish to bring to a Summer BBQ! It's a big hit! Make a double batch for a large group or to keep in the fridge throughout the week for quick meals.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, chop the fruit and nuts and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients (maple syrup, balsamic, lime juice, salt) in a small jar and adjust to taste if necessary.
- Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and add to large bowl with fruit and nuts. Combine. Pour on dressing and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until serving time. Can be served warm or cold.
Have you signed up for my bi-weekly email newsletter where I share extra special tips, recipes, inspiration & awesome giveaways? Don't miss out on fun insights to make healthy living enjoyable! CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
And be sure to "LIKE" my Facebook Page to stay connected!